Bali,Indonesia 2016

 
Uluwatu Temple
It was somewhere in Feb or March of 2016 last year where I already plotted out my whole year schedule for the year, a complete timetable of  when I will be on and off from work, honeymoon plans, and how when where I will organize and meet our wedding suppliers in the Philippines not until I saw a Cebu Pacific Seat Sale!
I had a few days to spare while in Philippines from wedding preparation so I decided to invite my little sister to go on a 5D4N trip to Bali! Why not? For a round trip ticket of 4,000PHP= 81.5$ and its just 3 hrs flight away from Philippines.


Transportation/Tour:
Whenever I go on an out of country trip, if the local transportation is not convenient especially train I usually hire a car to avoid hassle as to see a lot of places without getting lost LOL (See Itinerary HERE). So we got a 4-6 seaters car for 30-38$ a day for 10-12 hours. You can check their website for more details www.balirentalcarwithdriver.com and so far they are the cheapest I could find. If you know how to ride a motorbike I highly recommend renting one for yourself, this will cost you less and will be more fun!

Hotels/Location:
Our Comfy bed in Ubud 
We decided to stay 2 nights in Ubud to experience living in a beautiful scenery rice field. When in Ubud you also get to see a lot of restaurants serving organic healthy foods. We booked our hotel via Airbnd, we stayed at Sarin Ubud Village which is just across the Monkey forest and is near to a lot of shopping area! 

Yeeey! Free Upgrade!
The remaining 2 nights we decided to be in a total relaxation so we spent it in Nusa Dua situated in the eastern coastline of Bali. This place is lavish paradise, designed for luxurious retreats, all hotels within Nusa Dua are world class hotels! The place is very calm and private with glorious beach with white golden sand. We stayed the Marriott Courtyard Bali and it was relaxing! On my next return to Bali I plan on staying in Ubud the whole time provided with the healthy food unless I have plan on partying then might stay in Kuta or Seminyak .

Foods/Drinks:
They got really nice food with a quite good presentation too J little sister and I got few must try restaurant on the list and most of the time we just eat as we go. Below are my recommendations of must try food when in Bali that taste really good.
  • Babi Guling (Bali’s suckling pig) and the most famous place to try this is at Ibu Oka

  • Bebek Bengil ( Dirty Duck)  or the Bebek Tutu ( smoked Duck) well I wasn’t really able to try this one because I was enjoying eating healthy foods at most of the vegan restaurant in Bali, but my husband Highly recommend this is a must try!
  • Luwak Coffee (poop of the cat coffee)- not my favorite but I think this is as a must try for coffee lovers, this maybe the world’s rarest and most unusual coffee :) 
  • Balinese Rijsttafel - I was actually curious about the word “Rijsttafel” as it looks unusual for an Indonesian word so I googled it and it says “a Dutch word that literally translates to "rice table". Make sense though, it’s like a platter beautifully presented with rice and a lot of side dishes and grills in small portions.

                                                

  • Organic Food- Bali if a Yogi haven meaning lots of healthy eating food, don’t worry restaurants that’s serves healthy meals are everywhere especially when you are in Ubud!


>