Hot Air Ballooning in Cappadocia


My first hot air balloon experience was in Dubai of 2014. After that experience, I know there are other more countries that offers hot air balloon with a much more incredible view; I googled and found a few list of countries that offers hot air balloon and my top 2 that was added to my bucket list – Cappadocia and Myanmar.
After experiencing hot air balloon the second time around I realized that my Dubai's hot air balloon experience was great for first timer only, because it was a bumpy landing and I did not like the view much (you will only see the dessert as your view and sunrise horizon), but then again for a first timer seeking for the experience I can say that it is not bad at all. Comparing, the hot air balloon ride in Dubai was a quite pricey, it cost me 995AED or around 276USD while the balloon ride in Cappadocia cost us only 110EUR per person but as I know there are some other tour company that offers 95EUR.


Hubby enjoying the view


So this year (2017), I was able to tick off hot air ballooning in Cappadocia from my bucket list! With a bonus because I did it with hubby that made it more special. It was my favorite experience while in Cappadocia. It is also an excellent way to see the beauty of the beautiful rock formation valley. The only worst part of it is pickup time is very early in the morning. we were picked up by the shuttle at 4AM well it depends on where your hotel is. It can be cold at start so make sure to bring a jacket along. Shuttle took us to their office, we had light snack such as coffee, tea, bread, fruits and other Turkish delights before we were grouped, they then drove us to the base area where the balloon takes off. 


We witnessed the inflation of the balloon with a power fan, then the power-flamed that made it float. That's where everyone got excited and one by one we hopped into the balloon basket. Hubby and I were thrilled as the balloon started to rise.  It was even more thrilling when the balloon goes up and down. After few minutes we were able to witness the sunrise beyond the horizon.

Taking Selfie at the landing area with the flatbed truck behind us.
Our certificate!
Lovely arrangement, Cheers!
Our Pilot Serving Champagne
For landing, we had 2-3 attempts before we could land avoiding some other balloons on our way. It’s amazing how the Pilot was able to manage landing exactly on the back of Flatbed truck, the truck was as well following us while we are attempting to land. I was expecting a bumpy as we were thought how to brace for landing but to our surprise the landing was smooth and felt nothing at all. The experience was capped with a toast of champagne, some cakes and warding of certificates.
>