Valentines 2016 at Urban Grill in Accra, Ghana

Richard in his African Gear!
Its been 4 years since I last celebrated Valentine's Day. In 2013 I declared Valentine's Day sucks! 2014 I was off to India and 2015 (although celebrated with this dude the day before when he cooked me steak dinner) was off to Dubai... And 2016 here I am with my Fiance in Ghana celebrating Valentines!! :)  

Valentine’s Day still has a big impact on relationships right?  As much as possible I try to avoid the Cliches by saying no to chocolates and flowers. So last month I already told my fiance, Please no more flowers (it’ll wilt, very impractical) and chocolate (I still have a lot!! He always buy me chocolates with or without occasion). I just requested for a nice dinner but not home cooked! LOL!! 

So my fiance booked a dinner for us at Urban Grill. A new high-end steakhouse in the town, that is being talked about as the best!.The food, decor and ambiance is just perfect! 



Shiny Urban Grill! :)


This is not our the first time here, I celebrated my Birthday at this same restaurant last year. This is actually one of my favorite restaurants in Accra serving steak! I'm not sure about this but I have read somewhere that the meat they use is corn-fed and imported directly from Nebraska and is cooked over a charcoal grill to perfection(so this means pure U.S steak!!)  It’s the best steak in Ghana that I have tried  so far!

Most of their dishes come at a steep price, oh well you get what you paid for! This place is indeed a world-class experience with the best staff service I have had experience  in Ghana!

Champagne while waiting for our food! 

For my starter I opted for Tomato with Mozzarella

For Richard's starter he opted for Prawn Cocktail


STEAK!!! U.S beef!! yummy!
Dessert!! 
It was indeed a truly romantic valentines dinner! :)

Will I recommend? Yes 
Will I go back? Yes 

>