Easy cooking of Zha Jiang Mian (炸酱面)


Before Richard and I went to China  he kept on mentioning about how he missed Zha Jiang Mian (炸酱面), or “Fried Sauce Noodle” of Beijing. I'm hearing this Zja Jiang Mian for the first time and when I finally got to try it..???
ohhhh I love it! So I told Richard I'm going to learn how to make it not as yummy as it it maybe but I will try my very best. It so famous in China that the mere mention of it immediately makes people think of Beijing. It’s sold everywhere—from street vendors to restaurants. So I did my research on how they make it and last week I was able to come up of my own easy recipe...  easiest yummy way as possible. Every time I cook I do not use measuring cup so I cant really write down or tell how many fluid oz , teaspoon, spoon or cup I use because I love playing with the flavors and aroma (will use cup next  time so I can document well lol) 

INGREDIENTS: 
  • Ground pork
  • Noodles (Your favorite flour-based noodle)
  • Cornstarch 
  • Olive Oil
  • Pepper
  • Ginger
  • Garclic
  • Dried Shitake Muschrroms
  • Bean Paste ( of your choice, I used the korean bean paste)
  • Dark Soy Sauce 
  • Water 
  • Carrots
  • Cucumber
  • Scallion
Clean and cut the  carrots and cucumber into thin strips. 

Soak Dried Shiitake Mushroom in hot water until its soft and cut into strips.

Heat a tablespoon oil in your pan over medium heat and add the minced pork. Cook for a minute to brown it, and then add the ginger, garlic, and mushrooms. Stir fry everything together for another 2-3 minutes.

Add the sweet bean sauce, bean paste, dark soy sauce, and water, stirring everything together well. Lower the heat and cover the pan. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
While that’s happening, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Mix with the sauce and toss with the carrots, cucumbers, and scallions. This amount of sauce should be good for 4 servings.


>